Views
Helpful
Replies

Default Phone firmware for 7940 and 7960

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

According to the compatibility matrix ( http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr1.pdf ) the default firmware in CUCM 9.x for 7940 and 7960 phones is cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-1-2.cop.sgn. However, when I go look at the latest available version of that firmware on the download section, I find cmterm-7940-7960-sccp.8-1-2SR2.cop.sgn is the latest available version, and it has been released in july 2011, way before version 9 was available.

Is there any reason why the latest firmware version isn't included in the CUCM 9 release?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco probably assumed that small percentage of phones used on 9.X are 79X0 phones so they did not care too much (my guess).  If I was you I would just upgrade the firmware to the latest, the good thing about the 79X0 firmware is that they are very small and phones upgrade in no time even without firmware sharing.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: