Views
Helpful
Replies

Desk Camera 4k does not work with Windows Hello when shutter is closed

etwcn
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I have a brand new WebEx Desk Camera 4k. I want to use it with Windows Hello to unlock my computer with face recognition. It works perfectly, when the shutter is open. However, when the shutter is closed, although the IR camera is not blocked by the shutter, it does not send any data and windows does not recognize me. I tried it with the shuter open and the normal camera lense blocked by something else -> that still works, since the IR camera is left of the normal lense and not blocked.

The official FAQ for the Desk Camera hat a question on that:

Q.  Does the privacy shutter also close the IR camera when closed?

A.  No, the video privacy shutter doesn’t close the IR camera. If you want to disable IR camera for occupancy detection, you can open up the Cisco Webex Desk Camera app and disable the IR camera from the app.

So it should work with closed shutter or maybe it is somehow disabled within the camera configuration. However, the camera app does not have the described option from the FAQ.

Is there any way that I can use the Webex Desk Camera 4K with Windows Hello while the shutter is closed?

Regards... Jack
1 Reply 1

From what I know the shutter disables the camera signal from the camera in the closed position. With that the camera will not send any image signal to the computer.

This is from the data sheet.

Built-in privacy shutter

●  Shutter controls the video streaming on and off to ensure the complete privacy as needed.
●  Video turns off completely via a software switch (rather than only covering your camera lens)

Response Signature