cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer Priority

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

I have two dial-peers for outgoing.  I want to be able to make dial-peer 1 the priority and when it is unavailable I want it to use dial-peer 2.

The issue I am having is Dial-Peer 2 is always taking precedence over dial-peer 1.  Is there a way to make one of the dial-peers as a preferred dial-peer?  Do I need to use the same voice class? 

Sample dialing 92135551234.  Dial peer 1 strips the 9 as it should, but dial-peer 2 I need it to keep the 9 until it reaches my other voice gateway.  

Voice class e164-pattern-map 2
e164 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
e164 9[2-9]......

dial-peer voice 1 voip
description Primary SIP
translation-profile outgoing 7DIGITS
preference 1
destination-pattern ^9[2-9]......
session protocol sipv2
session server-group 40
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
fax rate 14400 bytes 48
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
no vad
!
Dial-peer voice 2 voip
Description Failover SIP
Destination e164-pattern-map 2
Session protocol sipv2
Session target ipv4:2.2.2.2
Preference 2
Voice-class codec 1
fax rate 14400 bytes 48
dtmf-reay rtp-nte sip-notify
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
No vad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to have the exact same match statement on both dial peers for the preference to be a factor. Otherwise it will use the best match dial peer. You can alter this behaviour with the dial-peer hunt command. For details on this see this spectacular document. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need to have the exact same match statement on both dial peers for the preference to be a factor. Otherwise it will use the best match dial peer. You can alter this behaviour with the dial-peer hunt command. For details on this see this spectacular document. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Thank you. I will do that. 

that document is very helpful. thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: