Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peers

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Experts,

A call comes into the Voice GW from PSTN, the GW has a dial-peer which points to the CM, the incoming call matches the dial-peer and sent to the CM. My queston is the following:

What happens to the call if the extension is in the range of DIDs but doesn't exitst in the CM (Unassigned)? I need  the call to come back to the GW that I can threat it differently. When the GW releases a call to the CM, does it wait to see if the call is connected or rejected? What happens if the CM rejects the call? Does it come back to the GW to match the next dial-peer? I would appreciate if you could shade some lights on this.

Thanks,

MK

2 Replies 2

kumar-brajesh
Level 1
Level 1

MK,

You can make a router pattern with XXXXXXXX (what ever extension you have in CUCM) and assign in one new PT which will be there only on your PSTN_Gateway_CSS.

Any call coming to your CUCM which is not specific will match this pattern and you can now manipulate the RP and send the call to any extension or reception number.This way any DID range call will at least termiate on one extension and some one can attendant the call.

Regards,

Brajesh.

Thanks Brajesh,

My question was to know when the GW releases a call to the CM, does it wait to see if the call is connected or rejected?if the CM rejects the call, does it come back to the GW for further treatments or there will be an error message or fastbusy?

Thanks,

MK