Views
Helpful
Replies

dialing using missed call directory

G3261
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

I know this topic has been discussed numerous times but I was unable to find some info that I am looking for----here is my scenario. I would really appreciate your comments. I am just trying to understand it

UCM ver 9.0

local mobile phone number (123) 456-7890

my desk phone number (123)555-1234

I get a call from a local mobile phone to my desk phone. when I come back to desk, I noticed 'Missed call' alert on my Cisco phone. I go to directories-->missed calls and here I see missed call number as 91(123) 456-7890. I select this number and use 'Dial' option. After 1 or 2 rings and I heard message saying 'this is not a LD number and you do not need to dial 1'.

I have 2 questions--

1-how/what are we using to add 9 and 1 in incoming call  (RP, TP or something else)

2-how can we strip 9 and 1 for an outbound call? (we do strip 9 but not 1)

Thanks

1 Reply 1

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

1-how/what are we using to add 9 and 1 in incoming call  (RP, TP or something else)

It's impossible to answer this question without looking at your system. It could be added any number of places in CUCM or even on your gateway.

2-how can we strip 9 and 1 for an outbound call? (we do strip 9 but not 1)

I would think the best solution would be to strip the 1 on your Route Pattern. Again it's difficult to say with 100% certainty without looking at your system, but you might need to strip the 91 and area code on the Route Pattern and then add the 9 back on it as well b/c the 9 might be needed further downstream in CUCM. To do this you would have a Route Pattern for 91123.4567890 that discards predot and also prefixes 9 so you end up with 94567890.