Views
Helpful
Replies

DID with VG224

pc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Can VG224 pass DID info to FAX card attached to its FXS ports? I want to replace a PBX with CCM4.1. The PBX has 4 analog lines connects into a Faxmaker/Brooktrout server. Fax is coming into a range of DID on a PRI to the PBX. The PBX then routes the call to one of the analog lines and Faxmaker routes the fax to the designated party based on the DID sent to FAXmaker.

I checked all documentation. all I found was caller ID support for VG224 but no mentioning of DID. Can this be done with VG224 or I will need something else.

Thanks!

16 Replies 16

Hi,

I do not see what caller-id has to do with the problem, as we are talking about DID, that is part of the called number. Caller-id is the calling number instead.

I agree that switching to H.323 should make things easier. On an FXS port you can support bidirectional, you don't need a connection plar, just a dial-peer voip outbound.

I'm not surprised that the fax card in FXO mode does not see the digits sent from the VG. Normally dialing digits are are not recognized by FXO equipment. If the fax card was set to be in true fxs/did mode, it should recognize the digits.

Hi,

the problem is on the analog signaling, your PRM/CCM/h.323 appears to be fine.

In order to pass digits the port on the cisco router must be FXO, or possibly E&M.

it must not be FXS/DID, this is used when the router is meant to receive DID digits, not send them.

If you read the document by brooktrout linked above you will understand the working of Analog DID and why you need FXO on the router side when originating DID.

All this assumes that the fax card you are using supports analog DID as mentioned above.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!