Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between CS-KIT-MSRP-K9 and CS-KIT-K9

Hi,

Dear Expert,

I need to make a BoM for the requirement of WEBEX subscription with one Video End point.

what is the difference between CS-KIT-MSRP-K9 and CS-KIT-K9. which one do i need to include in my BoM? should i take only CS-KIT-MSRP-K9? or should i take both CS-KIT-MSRP-K9 and CS-KIT-K9?

BR,

Saiful

1 Reply 1

CS-KIT-MSRP-K9 is the subscription service and CS-KIT-K9 is GPL (purchase outright).

What is the difference then? Which should I choose?
MSRP path provides hardware video endpoint at a lower price (vs GPL) and has a higher price in subscription.
So initial upfront cost(hardware) is lower for the customers to help onboard on this service, but recurring cost (subscription) is a bit higher.
Which is best depends on customer purchasing preference and mindset.
Most customers are more used to traditional GPL approach (purchase endpoint day1 and have ongoing subscription)
Some others are open to move to MSRP approach  (smaller upfront cost for hardware but higher ongoing subscriptions).
Also note that a Video endpoint  purchased via MSRP path can not used outside Spark (for example move it to on-premises CUCM).

Which one you want to purchase will depend on your circumstances. But you would pick one or the other but not both. Read the entire document and then have a conversation with your Cisco rep or integrator.

HTH

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: