Views
Helpful
Replies

Different MoH at Call Transfer

romanb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

i was wondering if it is possible to enable two different Music on Hold Tunes for the same device if a call is being transferred to another DN than if it is simply put on "Hold".

Basically something like:

Call is being put on hold: play "MoH1.wav" 

Call is being transferred: play "MoH2.wav"

As far as i could figure, the sound played while the call is being transferred, or more like while the transferring person is speaking to the person the call should be transferred to, the caller will hear the default MoH.

Is that possible?

thanks alot and stay safe guys,

Roman

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

User MOH is used when you put someone on hold

Network MOH is used when you trigger a process like transfer that put someone on hold

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/moh.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

romanb
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jaime,

thanks a lot for your quick response.

i've stumbled upon those gudes too, but i'm running into a problem on my CUCM (11.5).

For me the only time i reach the in network MoH defined audiofile, is if i "park" the call. On Park i'll hear the network hold MoH as configured.

If i transfer a call, i'll always hear the User Hold-MoH.

Do you happen to have any suggestions on why that could be the case?

Thanks a lot in advance and have a safe time,

Roman

Name is Jaime, not Jamie

Review all the places where MOH can be configured to make sure it's using the right MOH source for each one.

That guide still works for any current version, user and network MOH has been working the same for over 10+ years.

HTH

java

romanb
Level 1
Level 1

(doublepost, sorry)

romanb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jaime,

my apologies for the typo, I've corrected it in my previous message aswell.

I have now tested several scenarios and studied the resource above.

This is what i found out:

Cisco IP Phone:

Here everything works as designed. On "Hold" the user hears the User Hold MoH FIle, on Park and on Transfer the User is presented with the in "Network Hold" configured MoH File.

On Cisco Jabber:

Here the trigger for the Network Hold on transfer does not work. On Transfer the User is presented with the UserHold MoH. The only time i can get the Network Hold MoH file to play is if the call is placed to Park on Cisco Jabber.

The configuration relating to the Network and User Hold, aswell as the Media ResourceLists and Groups are the same on the IPPhone (working) and on the Jabber CSF (not working).

Is there a Bug with Jabber 12.9.1 or does the transfer from Jabber not trigger the Network Hold MoH File? Or is it even not supposed to work on Jabber?

Thanks a lot for your response and sorry again for the typo in your name,

Roman

It should work the same for all devices, I haven't heard of any bug like this but there is something wrong with that behavior, should be the same as with the IP Phones.

HTH

java