Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digital interface selection based for outgoing dial-peer

Hi Guys,

I've been googling a lot but can't find anymore a solution to this problem (even if I already solved it in the past but can't remember how).

Scenario: two entities are using the same CUCM (8.0) and the same gateway. They both use 0 to dial out. But depending of the entities, one has to go out through a PRI and one has to go out through a BRI (both attached to the unique gateway).

I created 2 CSS (customer1_css and customer2_css) and

4 partitions (customer1_inside_partition, customer1_outgoing_partition,  customer2_inside_partition and customer2_outgoing_partition).

In CSS customer1_css, I added customer1_inside_partition, customer1_outgoing_partition,  customer2_inside_partition

In CSS customer2_css, I added customer1_inside_partition, customer2_inside_partition and customer2_outgoing_partition.

I have two route pattern that starts with 0 (to dial out):

- one is on partition customer1_outgoing_partition and add 888 prefix

- one is on partition customer2_outgoing_partition and add 999 prefix

When the gateway receives 8880xxxxx, it forwards it to the PRI and when it receives 9990xxxxx it forwards it to BRI. Looks like good.

But, people on CSS1 can call people on CSS2 but not the opposite. Is there anything wrong with this setup of is there an easier way to proceed?

Thanks for your help.

Fred

I have this probem

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is nothing wrong with it, and this is a method I have used. 

As to the internal partition/CSS, is it a requirement to block phones from calling each other as well?  If it is not and you want to allow them to dial each other simply assign all phones to common partition which is listed under both CSSes.

HTH,

Chris

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as the outbound calls, all looks good, the rest is really up to you and your CSS and partitions config, just make sure you have all the partitions you require on each CSS.

Review your CSS/parttion config.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate