Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable 8841 Select button LED - MPP Firmware

9line
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the Select button LED on the 8841 MPP Firmware when the display turns off? I know it was made possible in the Enterprise Firmware but have been unable to find any options for the MPP Firmware (currently running 11.3.1 MSR2-6)

Many thanks,

7 Replies 7

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, 

Can you please elaborate? Which LED exactly are you referring to? 

Thanks

Hi Geovani,

The LED I am referring to is the circular one around the 'Select' button, when the Back Light Timer is set to turn the display off after x minutes, the display turns off and the circular LED light around the 'Select' button lights up and does not turn off at all. In the below image, the light has been circled in red.

cisco-8841.png

I have also found a ticket referring to this being fixed recently in the Enterprise firmware:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/8841ip-phone-navigation-button-light/td-p/4037908

Below is also a bug report that I found relating to this:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvb90559/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Many thanks,

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for clarifying, 

This is not available on MPP devices unfortunately. 

Hi Geovani,

Is there any chance that this could be considered as a feature in a future firmware update as its extremely distracting when working in a dark office.

Many thanks,

Geovani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

Sure, we'll take that into consideration. 

Thanks for your feedback. 

I'd also like this feature, the LED is extremely bright when trying to work from home and having a PC setup in a bedroom. Would like to disable it so I don't have to cover it.

Hi,

3 years after your post, is there still a chance that it will be added to the MPP firmware, since it is already in the CUCM firmware ?

Regards.