Announcements

AMA-CUCM Troubleshooting: Best Practices for Reading Trace Files

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Disable 8961 Sleep Mode with UC560

Hello all.

I have a customer install consisiting of a UC560 and a number of phones including 8961s. The 8961s go to power save / sleep mode after a while and although the LCD display goes dark the navigation buttons light up brightly. Some of the 8961s are in bedrooms where the glowing navigation buttons are a nuisance.

As the PBX is a UC560 I have to use CCA to manage it and there is no option that I can find to disable the power save mode. I was hoping that I could go into the command line of the UC560 and disable this "feature" but cannot find any notes on this.

Has anyone run into a similar issue and found a fix?

Thanks in advance.

Everyone's tags (5)
1 REPLY 1

Disable 8961 Sleep Mode with UC560

For others who may have a similar issue, I have resolved this myself.

In the SEPXXX.cnf.xml file on the phone switch, and the following entries to the key:

00:01

In my case, the customer wanted the display to be off at all times and only on for 1 minute after phone usage so the above settings gave them this behavior. You can change the entries to customize the behavior to your liking.

Note that this is not a supported configuration in the UC560 phone switch so any time the phone configurations are edited via CCA these settings are removed and will have to be added back.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards