cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display caller name for incoming calls

cpatti976
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, one of our customer is currently using CUCM 9.x and he wants to see the caller name for incoming calls instead of the caller number.

Simply, how can I do that for FREE?

Few notes (correct me if I'm wrong):

- I can't use CURRI because he is using a CUCM version < 10.5.

- I saw the "Number to name"script at this page: http://ciscoscripts.com/ . The problem is that I can't test it because it's not free but anyway should I be able to do what I'm looking for by using this one?

- I installed "2Ring IPPS" but I haven't received my trial license yet and I'm not able to request a free one because the registration form gives me the following error:

"An error occurred during the request: There was no endpoint listening at http://public.2ring.com/IppsFreeLicenseGeneratorFE/Licensing.svc that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.. Wait short time, and try it again."

- I downloaded "Cisco Calltracer" from MyVoIPsource.org but it doesn't contain any readme or configuration guide, so I really don't know how to use it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Andrea.

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Number to Name script should accomplish what you're looking for. Be aware that it requires H.323 or SIP. MGCP is not supported. Also, you will need to manually create a file with the number to name mapping and keep this file updated. This script could be very helpful if you need recipients to know a particular customer name when receiving the call. Probably also worth the cost of adding calling name to your existing service in order to see name for all calls, not just those you manually input into the file. Calling name is normally a reasonable additional cost for PRI. If you're not using a service that supports calling name, the script would be a good alternative.

Brandon

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm considering to buy that script. Meanwhile can you tell if there is a free alternative?
Andrea.

Not that I'm aware of other than developing your own script if you have the skill/resources.

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: