Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA from 4 to 8, already 8 is running

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

I was have a project to upgrade IPCC, and during this we upgraded the CUCM from 4 to 7 and then to 8. Now the CUCM is 8, but I discovered that the configuration at the production which is version 4 has been changed, so how I can migrade the data from 4 to 8? Or I can not? What is the best solution to have the updated configuration from 4 to 8?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards

Bilal

2 Replies 2

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

If you aren't using the 8 installation in production, then you should repeat the whole process again (i.e.g from DMA export, to rebuild the linux version from media and then upgrade).

Getting the data from 4.x migrated over manually would be much more difficult and probably more time consuming.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Nizar Abuseni
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the server of version 8 is not in a production then repeat all procedure again, and if the version 8 is now in production you can run the upgrade on an offline server with exact configuration of production (version 8) and take backup and restore it on the production server.

I had the same issue before and i repeated all the steps again to avoid any issue's.

regards,

Nizar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: