cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMA Tool on CM/IPCC

joshehaos
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to upgrade a client to UC 7.  The client is running CM 4 and IPCC 4 on the same box.  When running the DMA tool 7.1.3 it says, "DMA can only be installed on CM or CER Publisher".

I would assume its failing because IPCC is installed but the logs show it recognize CM 4.  I tried stopping the CRS Node Manager and still got the same error.  I see it failing when looking for Informix, not sure why it would look for that in Windows when it's Linux.  I'm sure its to help with the migration step.  I've attached the log.

Has anyone got this to install correctly?

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Informix gets installed onto your Windows CCM, and the DMA tool goes through a lot of export/validation/import testing before generating the final file that you import to the Linux CCM.

The problem you are hitting is that the install doesn't think it is running on your CCM publisher - is it??

It seems to compare one reg key with another, find a mismatch...:

19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnGetRegValue(ANSI,STRING): Registry value \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration\Publisher = "10.11.12.10"
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnGetRegValue(ANSI,STRING): Function ended
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnGetRegValue(ANSI,STRING): Function started
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnRegQueryValueEx: Function started
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnMallocEmptyBufA: Function started
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnMallocEmptyBufA: Function ended
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnRegQueryValueEx: Function ended
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnGetRegValue(ANSI,STRING): Registry value \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ComputerName\ActiveComputerName\ComputerName = "CALLMANAGER"
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnGetRegValue(ANSI,STRING): Function ended
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnMsiSetProperty: Function started
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnMsiSetProperty: ValidPub = "No"
19:23:25: MSIUtils.cpp: fnMsiSetProperty: Function ended

Then fail:

Action ended 19:23:50: CheckForIDSExist. Return value 1.
Action 19:23:50: LaunchConditions. Evaluating launch conditions
Action start 19:23:50: LaunchConditions.
Info 2898.Tahoma8, Tahoma, 0
DMA can only be installed on a CCM or CER Publisher.
MSI (c) (D0:78) [19:24:04:563]: Product: Cisco Data Migration Assistant -- DMA can only be installed on a CCM or CER Publisher.

Is this server the CCM publisher?

Be aware that it will not migrate any IPCC related stuff; you will need to follow the appropriate upgrade path for whatever IPCC version you have to go up to UCCX7.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...    

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!