DN forward fails - Need to send "called number" instead of "calling number"

coconino1969
Level 1
Level 1

DN forward fails - Need to send "called number" instead of "calling number"

Using CUCM 9.1

Telco SIP trunk

Cisco 2821 as CUBE

When I forward a directory number to an outside number, CUCM forwards the call using the caller number, the SIP trunk rejects the call as the caller is not part of the trunk.

How can I just forward the called number instead of the caller number?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SIP trunk in CUCM will have a Calling Party Selection parameter on it. You can change this to Last Redirect Number if you wish.

In most cases the better solution is to enable the Diversion header (Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound); CUCM also sends the DID which is performing the call forward with that enabled. Most carriers will allow the Caller ID to be a number you do not own as long as the Diversion header matches one that you do. This has the benefit of allowing the final destination to see who is actually calling vs. it being just a call from the office.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SIP trunk in CUCM will have a Calling Party Selection parameter on it. You can change this to Last Redirect Number if you wish.

In most cases the better solution is to enable the Diversion header (Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound); CUCM also sends the DID which is performing the call forward with that enabled. Most carriers will allow the Caller ID to be a number you do not own as long as the Diversion header matches one that you do. This has the benefit of allowing the final destination to see who is actually calling vs. it being just a call from the office.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Jonathan

Thanks for the quick response. I can't apply the fix right now as the trunk is heavily used.

I will try in a little while once the calls have diminished a little.

Thanks again

Spot on answer Jonathan. Don't need to wait to let you know. +5 from me.

-Bill (@ucguerrila)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Jonathan

I made the changes to the trunk but I'm still unable to forward. Do I need a redirecting CSS in the outbound?

Sorry for the delays in betwwen my questions.

Did you reset the trunk? This won't take effect until you do. This will drop all calls BTW.

If that doesn't do the trick then we'll need to see the output of 'debug ccsip messages' from CUBE. Be sure to do this during very low volume and tell us which INVITE from CUCM started things off so we can read through it.

The Redirecting CSS is only used for Transformation patterns. This likely isn't necessary since you're not doing it for called/calling it appears, unless it's set on your Device Pool.

Jonathan

I have attached the debug. The invite is

INVITE sip:9286797906@10.37.138.4:5060 SIP/2.0

I appreciate your assistance with the problem.

Hello

I finally had some time to work on the trunk.

The solution was to set the SIP trunks "Calling Party Selection" to First Redirect Number and leave the "Redirecting Diversion Header Delivery - Outbound" unchecked.

I really apprecite all of your input.

Thanks