Helpful
Replies

DND status on IP phone not updating in Jabber

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi there,

CUCM 9.1.2.12901-3 and Jabber 11.1.1 22531

Got a strange problem where if I enable DND status from the phone, status on the phone has updated to reflect, but has not updated on the Jabber client. The status on Jabber is still "Available" instead of "Do Not Disturb".

If I enable DND on the Jabber client, it updates DND on both the Jabber client and the IP phone to DND correctly.

When DND is updated on Jabber client, I can select the DND softkey on my phone and this turns DND off and status is updated to reflect on both the IP phone and Jabber client.

Both the IP phone and CSF configured share the same DN, all of the associations are in place on the CSF profile and the associations are in place on the End User profiles.

My phone is also set up using Extension Mobility. I doubt that has any bearing, but I am just making that clear.

I've done quite a bit of digging around various forums and not found any concrete answer, hence my question on this forum.

If anyone can shed any light on this or point me in the direction that would be most appreciated.

Scott

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, that's how it currently works.

If you want this to be changed/"fixed" in a future release, you can get in touch with your AM to submit a PER, or add your name to it, if one already exists.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I figured that would be the response. That's an oversight in my opinion, but it is what it is. Thanks for your help.