Helpful
Replies

DR from 7825 to 7835

MangiapiaCisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we have this situation. 

2 CUCM 7.1.3 (Pub+Sub) based on MCS-7825-H4. We have a backup conf. file for cluster.

One of this is node is dead (SUB). NOw we have a MCS-7835-I3. My question is:

It is possible to configure a new 7835 like a sub and load the back conf on this platform?

My question is:  can I load on the 7835 backup files of the cluster based on the 7825?

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, u can deploy 7835 as SUB instead of 7825.

Backup/restore are independent of H/Wplatform.

Lastly, u do not need to restore backup on SUB .While building SUB , keep the credentials like hostname/IP address ,password ,OS/Application  username as old SUB.

After same is done, check for DBReplication status.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, u can deploy 7835 as SUB instead of 7825.

Backup/restore are independent of H/Wplatform.

Lastly, u do not need to restore backup on SUB .While building SUB , keep the credentials like hostname/IP address ,password ,OS/Application  username as old SUB.

After same is done, check for DBReplication status.

regds,

aman

Aman is correct (+5) you can mix platform, and adding beefier server will not be an issue.

On the restore from point you can certainly just add the sub and let it replicate, however if you do so you'll need to make sure you install any custom files such as MOH source files, non-default firmware files, etc. So, the benefit of restoring from backup is that those are loaded automatically.

Another point is you need to find bootable media with exact version you are running on your Pub or base version for that major release and reference patch during the install.

Chris

hi,

we have resolved hw problem on MCS-7825-H4.

The cucm is up and running "standalone" (we see on CLI the hostname and this is correct).

our fear is to connect the subscriber to master because   we do not know what can happen.

Actually the publisher is working at 90-95% of the CPU.

What can happen when we connect subscriber to master ?

Start of a process of "automatic recovery"? The DB  is replicated?

TIA

regards

RM