Views
Helpful
Replies

drfComponent.xml not created while backup of CUCM 8.5.1

jayage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

during our monthly scheduled disaster recovery tests we recognized that the drfComponent.xml have not been created the last 2 weeks so we were unable to select the backups for the restore. We do network backup on our SFTP Server. Looks like all other files have been created. Those older backups have been listed for recovery so SFTP authentication work and path is correct.

Did someone else have the same problem?

Does it help when I restart the Network Service Cisco DRF Local and/or Cisco DRF Master on our Publisher?

Can we do it without effecting our phone users on our live server(s)?

Many thanks and regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mike
Level 4
Level 4

Just did a customer upgrade from 8.6.2 to 10.5.1 and our backups were failing to complete, the XML files were not being created.

The solution, thanks to this thread is to clear out the existing backup directory on the SFTP server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jayage
Level 1
Level 1

Still need help, our Backups are useless without this xml file :-/

Any help is appreciated!

Hello.  I was wondering if you ever resolved your issue?  I just started a new discussion with a similar issue, and I need the backups to work.  The customer I am working with suffered a major hardware failure and lost their publisher, and TAC is telling me to put everything back manually.

Thanks in advance

Jesse

Hi Jesse

we removed backup device and scheduler and added them again (we used same path, user, ...).

Additionally we've deleted all files in the target directory on our SFTP..

From then on it was working again.

Regards

Where you ever able to find a way to get the xml file recreated? I have a similar situation....

mike
Level 4
Level 4

Just did a customer upgrade from 8.6.2 to 10.5.1 and our backups were failing to complete, the XML files were not being created.

The solution, thanks to this thread is to clear out the existing backup directory on the SFTP server.