cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped transfered calls

syrushcw1
Level 1
Level 1

It's similar to this problem https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2020752/ I checked the encoding dosn't hold true for my problem, So here is the problem have two offices 1 main with 20Mb down and 20Mb up, the branch office is connected over S2S VPN they have a T1, when you transfer a call from a phone in the main office to a phone it the branch office it rings and you are able to get there voicemail if they pick up then you get disconnected as in the thread i posted above, you can transfer from the attetdant console no problem. If you want me to post the running config of the 2 routers let me know, other wise just tell me what section  you want since they are 5 pages in ms word.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the call drops when the user answers, that is almost always a codec mismatch.  You need to describe the entire topology of the call flow.  Mention how the call comes into the network, and what protocols (both voip and pots) are being used for the call flow.

Then, we can take it from there.

If you post text output, please attach in .txt format and not .doc format.

We have 2 T1's one for local and one for long distance, all calls between 8:30am and 6pm go to the attendant console which she can transfer anywhere with success, if you transfer an outside call to a 7962 in the main office and then transfer it to the branch office it get dropped. I attached the config of the main and branch office. Hope this is enough info

Since these are h323 gateways, CM is going to use an ECS for a transfer.  First, try adding these commands, which should be added on any h323 gateway to CM since it does ECS and doesn't support h450:

voice service voip

no supp h450.2

no supp h450.3

h323

emptycapability

If you still have issues after this, collect these debugs for a failure from both devices:

debug isdn q931

debug vpm sig

debug voip ccapi inout

debug h225 asn1

debug h245 asn1

debug cch323 all

Collect the debugs in this manner:

Router(config)# service sequence
Router(config)# service timestamps debug datetime msec
Router(config)# logging buffered 10000000 7
Router(config)# no logging con
Router(config)# no logging mon
Router(config)# voice iec syslog

Router# term len 0

Router# sh logg

The managing party changed the branch office from h323 to mgcp and it seems to all work.