Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP sharing question

rhegde
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

When we provision DSPs on Voice Gateways using on Board PVDMs or PVDMs on NMHDV module, how do they get assigned for voice termination or Conf/MTP resources ?

Is it dynamic ? Or  can I statically define  PVDMs  exclisively for voice termination or Conf/MTP functionality ?

Rav

2 Replies 2

steve.miller
Level 1
Level 1

That's a long answer but I will give you the short form.

PVDM2

analog ports FXO/FXS get allocated on startup and can't be shared you can see this with show dsp voice detailed

conferenceing takes 1 whole DSP and can't be used for anything else. Each dsp has 16 channels it will support 2 sessions with 8 participants when mixing codec's g711/g729 in a conference up to 32 if all same codec. show dspfarm all

transcoders and digital ports (pri) can share resources it takes 2 channles of a 16 channel pved2 to terminate a call use dspfarm in config under voice-card.

PVDM3's basically double the capacity but I think they also allow conference resources to be pooled as well but Iam not certain.

Thanks Steve.. It is always been confusing to me how can we manually configure the dsps for voice termination  or ios based conf bridges.

Some time we get "resource unavailabe" messages during the call setup. That is why I thought, is there a way we can statically assign dsps fro voice

termination and for IOS based conf bridges..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: