cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DST problems on 6.1

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

You guessed it. The time on the phones is wrong!

Im set for NTP reference to hit my Domain Controller, which was patched and has the proper time on it. However the phones rae still an hour behind.

I have reset the date/time group 3 times now with no luck.

Help

20 Replies 20

Kcoe, create a date/time group and device pools for each location. Then, use a query in BAT to make changes to only 10/12/35/36/40/60 (first generation IP phones). That way you can keep your 41s untouched.

Hi Lucas,

You are right. For clarification, you only want to change the date and time for just the 1st and 2nd generation phones. If you create a date/Time Group and Device pool, assign only the affected phones to the new Device Pool.

Regards,

Michael.

We just applied the temp workaround (creating new date/time group and device pools). You do NOT need to restart the CCM services (at least on 6.1(2); just restart (not reset) the phones after applying the device pool changes using BAT.

nbernhardt
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone noticed if the ATA186's were effected? I have a client who's overhead paging system is driven by an ATA connection and their over-head ringing was active an hour longer than normal.

I don't know if the ATA186 is effected, but that doesn't matter. The ATA does not control the timing of incoming calls. I assume you are making that determination based on Time Schedules assigned to a partition and that, form my experiences, is effected. The quick fix for that is to specify a time zone that in one hour earlier in the Partition Configuration Page.

Lucas Phelps
Level 5
Level 5

The patch file is available for all versions of CommManager/CallManager 5.x to 7.x.

The patch file is the same for all the versions. However, to make sure you get the correct one, go to:

1) Support

2) Download Software

3) Voice and Unified Communications Software

4) To access Voice Software downloads, click HERE.

5) Expand IP Telephony > Call Control > Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CallManager) > Choose your version.

6) Then select 'Unified Communications Manager/CallManager Utilities'

7) Then expand the '1.1' folder and you will find the 'UCM COP Files'. This is your emergency patch. Read the release notes and apply.

Note: Requires a restart of the CCM service (drops calls)