Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF to Unity Not Working if Call Originates from Mobile

cnorton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Want to ask assistance from you guys again. We migrated from PSTN to SIP last year. Our set-up is like ITSP>>(sip)>>Cube>>>CCMv4>>(sccp)>>Unityv4. All calls inbound and outbound are working. However, when a call from mobile calls our Unity voicemail pilot, it doesnt recognize the digit they pressed. It works if call originates from landline.

DTMF-relay was set to rtp-nte originally on our inbound and outbound dial-peers. I tried to use KPML, Notify etc but nothing worked. i also configured a hardware MTP on our cube and register it to CCM but it still not working. We refered this out to telco and they said that our cube is not confirming rtp-payload 101 if calls originates from TDM. But if it comes from another voip peer, its likely they are sending RFC2833 which requires no rtp-payload 101 to work.

My question is why our cube is not confirming rtp-payload 101? Is there any command in the cube to configure this? Does it have something to do with the version of our CCM and unity(both are version4)? Attached are the running config of the cube and debug results.

I hope someone can help us on this.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So,  seems the debugs were taken incorrectly as I can see just the Invite from the Sonus SBC one time and a Bye message sent after 12 second.

Please take another set of debugs for one call simultaneously from the CUBE:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Also, just to clear things on DTMF, you can do the following config:

Dial peer pointing to ITSP : sip-KPML only

Dial peer pointing to CUCM : sip-KPML only

Configuration on Sip trunk on CUCM : No preference

Nothing required on Unity end as it is going to do OOB since it is SCCP integration.

There will be no MTP required as OOB throughout thus saving on resources.

Also, I saw the Invite from the Sonus SBC but that does not share any capability for DTMF at all. So kindly clarify where is the SONUS SBC in the whole call flow you mentioned above.

P.S. Thanks Dan for moving the discussion here.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful.

Regards,

HItesh

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I see no "Small Business" kind of equipment involved here - thus, you are asking in wrong community.

I has moved your question to more appropriate one.

hsood
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

So,  seems the debugs were taken incorrectly as I can see just the Invite from the Sonus SBC one time and a Bye message sent after 12 second.

Please take another set of debugs for one call simultaneously from the CUBE:

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages

Also, just to clear things on DTMF, you can do the following config:

Dial peer pointing to ITSP : sip-KPML only

Dial peer pointing to CUCM : sip-KPML only

Configuration on Sip trunk on CUCM : No preference

Nothing required on Unity end as it is going to do OOB since it is SCCP integration.

There will be no MTP required as OOB throughout thus saving on resources.

Also, I saw the Invite from the Sonus SBC but that does not share any capability for DTMF at all. So kindly clarify where is the SONUS SBC in the whole call flow you mentioned above.

P.S. Thanks Dan for moving the discussion here.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful.

Regards,

HItesh