juanmacipag
Level 1
Level 1

Env: CUCM 8.6

Requirements:

Generate a report for a specific number:

- Call origin device name

- Call destination number

- Total number of calls inbound (internal calls)

- Total number of calls outbound (external calls)

- Call origin date/time

- Call disconnect date/time

The numbers are not matching between CDR vs. Solarwinds

I've started running some reports from the CDR/CMR records SolarWinds has been gathering and I'm noticing duplicates with the same Call ID.

Upon further research, I've been able to locate the same dupe Call IDs within the CSVs files on the FTP server that the Cisco Unity Call Managers dump to.

I was wondering if this is something you might have seen in the past or any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

Jay Schulze
Level 1
Level 1

How is SolarWinds collecting the data?

solarwinds is picking up the data from the CDR/CMR that call manager dumps on the FTP.

Ok. Just wanted to make sure because this is a known issue with H323 aaa accounting.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sherwin,

If you are using the globalCallID_callID field then you shouldn't see arbitrary duplicates. In versions of CUCM following 4.1, this unique ID is preserved. Meaning, in older versions you would see duplicates because CUCM wouldn't preserve data related to unique call IDs. Even though the call IDs are seeded from the current date/time of the call.

Now, I said arbitrary duplicates. Meaning, this field is unique for every call on the system. However, it is possible to have more than one record that is referencing the same call ID. This can occur when there are multiple legs to a call. Say Phone A calls Phone B and is then transferred, conferenced, etc. to another call party. This results in individual record entries. Throw in multiple call processing nodes and you have a party. The key point is that the globalCallID_callID is unique (or is supposed to be and I have never seen evidence to the contrary). There are other call ID fields that you may need to reference to piece the story together.

The CDRs in the CSV files are "raw" and require some post processing to turn data into information.

HTH.

-Bill (@ucguerrilla)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify