cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 HDMI Out for Extended Monitor (For Presentation)

a.burlaos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to use the HDMI Out for DX80 for Presentation purposes? If it is possible, what is the firmware version to use to have this features enabled? Thank you.

Regards,

Arvie

9 Replies 9

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Yes check the User guide below.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/dx/dx70/user/1022/en/dx70-dx80-user-guide-1022.pdf

JB

I tried to connect our DX80 to a projector through the DX80 HDMI output socket. But there is no signal!

In other manuals for the DX80 the nr4 socket is described as: 

HDMI external monitor Connection (not in use)

Could it be that the HDMI output socket is just disabled? Can it be enabled through settings or a firmware update?

Sincerely

HR

Hi, I'm also seeing the same issue with 9.0 firmware.  The HDMI out cable seems to have no output when connected to a screen.  

We were looking for a replacement for our EX90s but the DX doesn't seem to support sending the presentation view to a 2nd monitor (unless a PC is connected).

I would be interested to know if anyone has managed to get a 2nd monitor to work?  

How do you mean "unless it is connected to a pc"?

So is there a way to project the presentation view (the video conference itself) through a pc? I will take any solution in this matter really.

haidarrm
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know of a way to output the dx80 to an external monitor? Any Cisco technicians on this forum?

Otherwisewe will soon be forced to acquire some other device that has this capability.

Hi all , did someone have news about this problem? It seems to me that Output Hdmi is only for future use , but I need to be sure also.

Regards

The second HDMI output was enabled on the old Android software, but only at a very low frame rate (due to some internal software trickery to make it work).

This functionality was disabled completely in the CE code. so it is not possible, and given the workaround to make it work in the old software, it's unlikely this will return in the current hardware.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne,

Hello. Have Cisco enabled CE on the 2nd monitor to receive content stream ? 

Installed options:None

- do I need to purchase option ?

Thanks !!

CSCO10991875
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem but with a laptop hp with other model this work very well. The dx80 have 2 hdmi port one is disabled. Maybe it is drivers?  or hdmi speed? Can you help me?