cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

+E.164 Alternate Number in DN not working

Difan Zhao
Level 5
Level 5

I imported the users from the LDAP/AD. Their numbers are all in the E164 format ( e.g. +14034761234)

So on Jabber, when I find a contact to call, it is calling this number.

How should I set up the DNs in this case? In the current avaya system everybody has the four digit ext like 1234. I tried the same so I created DN of 1234, and I added "+E.164 Alternate Number" like +1403476XXXX. However I still can't make the call. On the calling party it just says the call can't be completed. Will this setup let call to +14034761234 to be routed to DN 1234? if I call 1234 it works fine.

Or is there a better way to set up the DN? 

Thanks,

Difan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Didn't think about this setting. One use is dial plan routing between clusters via ILS. Should actually work in your scenario as well. Did you check "Add to local route partition" and assign a partition reachable by the CSS of the calling phone?

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One way to accomplish this is Application Dial Rules (Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules). Create a rule to translate anything that starts with +1403476 to 4 digits.

Brandon

Thank you Brandon. So what is the purpose of the alternative number field if it is not used for routing? 

Didn't think about this setting. One use is dial plan routing between clusters via ILS. Should actually work in your scenario as well. Did you check "Add to local route partition" and assign a partition reachable by the CSS of the calling phone?

Brandon

That was why :) Thank you