cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easily identifying Busy lamp fields

schwabcm
Level 1
Level 1

We have a CM 10.6 and we are running into issues with identifying where a DN has been programmed onto another device as a busy lamp.  It doesn't show up when looking at dependencies.  Where can we find it without much work.  Is it possible?

5 Replies 5

Hi.

The fastest way I've found is to login in ssh on the cucm and run the following query:

run sql ccm select device.name,device.description from blfspeeddial inner join device on blfspeeddial.fkdevice = device.pkid where blfdestination='<Extension you need>'

This should give you the information you need

name            description
=============== =============
SEP123456789098  Some text

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Thank you Carlo!  We tried and it and it works great.  Do you know if we can search on multiple extensions without having to run the command for each individually?  Is there a way to list out multiple numbers on same command?

Hi, 

The above command without "where" statement, will return all configured busy lamps extension.

run sql ccm select device.name,device.description from blfspeeddial inner join device on blfspeeddial.fkdevice = device.pkid

HYH

Regards

Carlo

Hi Carlo

I think I may not have clarified what I need so I'll give it another try.

run sql ccm select device.name,device.description from blfspeeddial inner join device on blfspeeddial.fkdevice = device.pkid where blfdestination='<Extension you need>'

Where 'extension you need' is listed, can we list multiple extensions without removing the 'where' to list every single blf?  Say we only wanted to look at two extensions or three, is there a way to list them out in some way?  We've tried entering a comma, space or semicolon, but nothing works.

Carolyn

Hi Carolyn,

You can use "or" statement to query more than one extension.

Eg.

run sql ccm select device.name,device.description from blfspeeddial inner join device on blfspeeddial.fkdevice = device.pkid where blfdestination='<first Extension you need>' or 

blfdestination='<second Extension you need>' or  blfdestination='<third Extension you need>' 

HTH

Regards

Carlo