cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder switch not updating after replacement

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I replaced a cisco 2960 with a 9300, same ip address. ER now won't update the ports for new switch or find any phones, what am I missing?

-Tried delete and readd the switch, ER seems to remember the previous switchports and doesn't update them to current

-Tried running switch and phone update

-Tried locate switch ports

-Verified CER can talk to the switch

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I deleted the switch, added it back in using IP address rather then DNS hostname. Let CER finish running update, then deleted the switch and added back in using hostname. It then started updating ports and tracking phones.

Not sure if this will work every time, my guess is the hostname gets cached in the database and the server continues to use the old one instead of new and somehow this got CER to reach out to the switch and notice the model change.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

sorry switch is C9200

Post show run  and show version from the new switch (cat 9200) ?

same ip address. ER now won't update the ports for new switch or find any phones  - not sure we understand this correctly explain

Also possible attached Cat 2960 config 

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm not sure switch configs would be any help CER is using snmp v2 to do the switch updates.  I've verified from CER that utils snmp get 2c is able to query OID

Are you saying there are switch commands that change how CER queries a switch?

To be honestly i am not sure what is ER and what CER -

If you can post the config and tell us what is the issue clearly ?

when you upgrade from old switch to new switch depends model the port number changes.

BB

If you're not familiar with Cisco Emergency Responder you can just not respond. 

There are so many acronym in the Cisco world (they overlap too)- and on top each one have their own - when we are communicating with different people...we need to make to clear what we are trying to solve here.

Also we expect the post to be clear, look my bottom of my signature -How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help  (to get better outcome)

Looks like we asked some question here - but we did not see your reply - so lets try another time

Post (working 2960 config) and Cat 9K config.

If you still looking some assistance from community (if this not working here - Contact TAC for help)

BB

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

I deleted the switch, added it back in using IP address rather then DNS hostname. Let CER finish running update, then deleted the switch and added back in using hostname. It then started updating ports and tracking phones.

Not sure if this will work every time, my guess is the hostname gets cached in the database and the server continues to use the old one instead of new and somehow this got CER to reach out to the switch and notice the model change. TAC was hopeless in helping on this issue.

scheived
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure if this will work every time, my guess is the hostname gets cached in the database and the server continues to use the old one instead of new and somehow this got CER to reach out to the switch and notice the model change.