Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable / Disable URI in Call History of a Cisco phone

csedlmeier
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I step by step enabling URI Diaing because of Spark in our company. I set parameter on LDAP import to set the Mail ID as URI to the enduser and on the endsuer I set the primary extension to set URI at users line. This work perfectly. Net step would be to update all Jaber to 11.9.3 and include the partitions of all URI's to CSS.

But I recognise in Call history of an 8865 that there URI's and at another phone phone numbers.

To not confuce my users I want to be sure that there are only phone numbers or names and not URI's in Call history.

Is it possible to define if there phone numbers/ Names or URI's in call history of a phone ?

Or does it depend on the phone nunber or URI dialed ?

Christian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends what was dialed but also whether the phone’s SIP Profile has Use DNS FQDN in Requests checked or not. Without that the phone only shows numbers because it’s incapable of dialing a URI. You can also influence this behavior with the URI Dialing Display Preference.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_cucm-system-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_system-guide_chapter_0101111.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Depends what was dialed but also whether the phone’s SIP Profile has Use DNS FQDN in Requests checked or not. Without that the phone only shows numbers because it’s incapable of dialing a URI. You can also influence this behavior with the URI Dialing Display Preference.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/9_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_cucm-system-guide-90/CUCM_BK_CD2F83FA_00_system-guide_chapter_0101111.html

Ok Thanks !
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: