cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etisalat SIP Trunk (UAE) - headers and formats for diverted calls?

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

An old favourite for SIP trunking installations. Does anyone have an installation using Etisalat SIP trunking, in UAE, who could confirm what they needed to configure to allow diverted calls to display the original calling number?  At the moment I'm taking the pragmatic view that we won't get much information from the carrier. I'm waiting for debugs from the site.

To be clear, this installation has been in place for a few years and as far as I know is fully working apart from this issue reported today.

In the absence of a working example, I'll probably try Diversion header and a bit of trial and error with formatting to see what works.

Edit - they have CUCM 11.5 and it's an ISR4000 series CUBE.

4 Replies 4

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

I didn't really get a resolution for this one. Once I got access to the gateway I could see a diverted call getting knocked back with a "480 No Routes Found" error which is slightly unexpected. A translation rule replacing the original calling number with the site's main billing number allows the diverted call to go through (suggesting it was happy with the other aspects of the call setup). Adding a Diversion header with my best guess at number format didn't help.

Unfortunately from my perspective the customer didn't want to spend more time on the issue, but settled for this rather coarse work-around where diverted calls all go out with the main office number as the calling party. 

Hi Tony,

have you tested it, with setting the PAI header instead of using the diversion header?

All the SIP providers I have worked with use the PAI (one used the PPI).

BR

Thanks, no I haven't tried that.  Without guidance from the ITSP that really falls under trial and error as the use of PAI varies wildly between providers. For example for diverted calls some want the "From" header to contain the diverted number, ie to show a valid origin, and use PAI to indicate the number to be displayed as the caller at the far end.  Some are round the other way.  And some don't use that header at all.  That's before we get into what domain or other data they want in the header.

Unfortunately for my own satisfaction, the customer didn't want any more time spent once I'd got the bodge in place.

All you say is true, it's just guessing sometimes, if the providers don't have any information on how to sent the calls...