cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eTokens for Cisco UCM

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

So I understand that an eToken is requried in order to do any security in Cisco UCM (phones, voice ports).  Is there any alternatives without using eTokens?

If the eTokens are required do we HAVE to use the Cisco USB eTokens (i believe the part number is KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9)?  Can we use eTokens by Aladdin (which is a lot cheaper)?

And last why do we need 2 eTokens (from what I read in a document)?  Can we use only one eToken?

Any help to confirm these things would be great!

Thanks in advanced!

-rya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, AFAIK that's the correct part number for the USB tokens

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Before you configure the Cisco CTL Client, verify  that you activated the Cisco CTL Provider service and the Cisco  Certificate Authority Proxy Function service in Cisco Unified  Serviceability. Obtain at least two security tokens; the Cisco  certificate authority issues these security tokens. The security tokens  must come from Cisco. You will insert the tokens one at a time into the  USB port on the server/workstation. If you do not have a USB port on the  server, you may use a USB PCI card.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Security  Guide, Release 8.0(2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/8_0_2/secugd/secuauth.html

From "security by default" chapter on above link:

Note Secure Signaling and Media will still  require running the CTL Client and using the hardware eTokens.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java!

So is this the part number for the Cisco eTokens required: KEY-CCM-ADMIN-K9

Thank you!

-rya

Yes, AFAIK that's the correct part number for the USB tokens

HTH

java

HTH

java

One question please, 

Regarding the USB eToken, I used my PC to install the two USB security Token using the Cisco CTL Client. 

the question is after installation and everything is ok, I must keep the two USB eToken connected to my pc or the server permanently?? or I can remove it ??