Views
Helpful
Replies

Existing hardware in cucm 6.0

John Cheetley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Techs,

I asked this question before, however the answers I got unfortunately weren't complete.

I understand the CUCM is the platform application that automates a lot of work in the VOIP world and that the CLI appears to be very limited.

How does this recognise or discover hardware inventory like voice modules, VIC's and VWICs and others?

Is there a command line interface link for 6.0 that can be referenced?

And where do I locate please the Cisco software advisor Tool to make sure that the platform and version of Cisco IOS software or Cisco Catalyst Operating system is compatible with MGCP for CUCM

Thanks in advance

8 Replies 8

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi John,

Hardware modules like VIC, VWIC has to be added manually once you add the gateway as MGCP gateway in CUCM web interface. The gateway should also be configured to get the configuration file from CUCM or manually configured with the CUCM details for it to register.

For IOS/Cat OS compatibility, you need to check the compatibility matrix for that particular CUCM version. It provides the IOS version and the other software details which were tested with the particular CUCM version.

HTH

Rajan

Hi Rajan,

Thanks for the reply.

What configuration file for the gateway?

As you configure an MGCP GW in CUCM, CUCM can create some of the necessary config, and push it to the GW. Otherwise, you can also do that all manually.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime and others,

Am trying to determine if NM-1V or NM-2V is still supported and with many links I have observed/viewed, none have advised

The only listing I see in CUCM is for ISDN for gateway type after selecting router type.

I even went to the Cisco software site to check further but found nothing unfortunately

Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Go to your server, and simply try adding an MGCP GW and then add the modules, you'll see the options there.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Unfortunately only has the ISDN option. Unless there's different options for each version.

Evening Jaime and the rest.

I have just found out after testing that the NM-1V network module is faulty. Time to buy new one. Guess that puts a hold on things for now.

Thanks again for your time

This link might turn up helpful for you.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/product_data_sheet0900aecd8057f2e0.pdf

Regards

Abhay

Regards
Abhay Singh Reyal
The Only Way To Do Great Work Is To Love What You Do. If You Haven’t Found It Yet, Keep Looking. Don’t Settle
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: