Replies

Expressway-C Traversal license error for Jabber MRA

zatchmo04
Level 1
Level 1

Current setup:

• CUCM: 11.5
  • IM & Presence: 11.5
  • Expressway-E:  X12.5.4 (Single interface box behind NAT firewall on DMZ)
    • Applied Licenses: Traversal Server (LIC-EXP-E) and Expressway Series (LIC-EXP-SERIES)
  • Expressway-C:  X12.5.4
    • Applied Licenses: Expressway Series (LIC-EXP-SERIES) and H323-SIP Interworking Gateway (LIC-EXP-GW)

My expressways are configure for MRA. I am able to connect from outside of the network with Jabber on iPhone, iPad, and a laptop. Everything registers as it should with CUCM, CUC, and CUP.  I am able to chat and check voicemail with no issues.

When I try to call another device (on the internal network) that is registered with CUCM, I receive the following error on the Expressway-C, "Call license limit reached: A call failed because there were no available traversal call licenses. You are licensed for concurrent traversal calls." From what I understand, devices registered on the same CUCM are considered "Registered" calls and not "Traversal" calls.  Given that, it seems that I shouldn't need traversal licenses.  

Any ideas or suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

zatchmo04
Level 1
Level 1
Figured out the issue.

Our firewall was having problems with the NAT reflection. We ended up going to a two-interface Expressway-E (one interface on the DMZ behind NAT and one interface on an internal VLAN). This resolved the issue.

Link to guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide.pdf

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

zatchmo04
Level 1
Level 1
Figured out the issue.

Our firewall was having problems with the NAT reflection. We ended up going to a two-interface Expressway-E (one interface on the DMZ behind NAT and one interface on an internal VLAN). This resolved the issue.

Link to guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide.pdf
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: