cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Jabber calls to internal phone with RDP to ATT cell fail

rmeuchel
Level 1
Level 1

If I place a call from Jabber on my cell phone registered via Expressway and I then call an internal number that has a remote destination profile, the call to the cell succeeds if the remote destination phone # is on T-Mobile, Verizon, Google Voice or Verizon. However, in this call scenario, the call FAILS if the remote destination is an ATT cell phone ONLY. Has anybody encountered this? If so, do you have any suggestions to fix this issue? Note: I'm running CUCM 11.5. This failure only happens only in this exact scenario. If I place the call from an internal Jabber or Cisco phone on the LAN, it works just fine via RDP to ATT cell phone. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

That is a carrier issue, probably having to do with either caller ID or diversion headers. We run into not-dissimilar issues with AT&T in particular in my customer's environment. (And switching to another carrier as a result.)

I would suggest capturing the signaling from your CUBE to the AT&T target and compare it to a capture to another carrier first to see if there is a difference that might cause the issue. Once you have confirmed that your egress signaling is consistent, contact AT&T to ask what it is about your calls that their system is rejecting. Although as your circuit is not AT&T (presumably) they are unlikely to help. But they might.

Maren

rmeuchel
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for the advice. We'll try this and I'll let you know the outcome.

I'm facing a similar issue. Were you able to find a solution? 

Hi,

Can you please attach the output of a debug ccsip message?

Thanks 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hello all. Thank you very much for your help. We were able to solve this by increasing the hop count in Expressway - then "Configuration" - "Zones" - "UC Traversal", then increasing the hop count. Since our local carrier may have been handing off to AT&T in a roundabout way, increasing the hop counts made it so the call actually rang the AT&T cell phone. Upon further investigation, the call was actually going straight to the AT&T cell phone's voicemail and not ringing the AT&T cell phone (versus failing at CUBE or the local carrier's first hop). Thanks again!

ThomasElias
Level 1
Level 1

When initiating a call from Jabber on my mobile phone via Expressway to an internal number configured with a remote destination profile, calls to AT&T cell phones consistently fail. Strikingly, this problem is exclusive to AT&T; calls to T-Mobile, Verizon, and Google Voice numbers complete successfully. This anomaly occurs solely when using Jabber on the mobile phone registered via Expressway, as calls from internal Jabber or Cisco phones on the local network function flawlessly.