Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend and Connect with Finesse

AfjhalKhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,,

I have set up the ability to use Jabber to make calls through a CTI Remote Device as well as the Jabber Remote Destination and that is working as expected. I however cannot get the persistent connection call to go through when a user logs into Finesse. I am having a really hard time finding how to set that up in the different documentation I have looked through. I have followed the instructions that I have been able to find on setting up Extend and Connect, but can find nothing on how to get the persistent connection to work or how to control the call by call mode in UCCX. I am sure I am missing a step but have no idea at this point where to find the information. Everything I find says that it uses this persistent connection/call but never points to configuration of it. 

2 Replies 2

asafayan1
Level 1
Level 1

With everything going on around COVID - how is it that NO ONE in the community has responded to this question?   Clients are desperate to support work from home and their legacy Cisco platform complexity makes it near impossible to easily deploy a work from home solution. 

HAS ANYONE EVER GOTTEN THIS  TO WORK??????????????????????

wkyuen.ricky1
Level 1
Level 1

hi

I am not using Extend and Connect to make the Work From Home solution.

To make it simple, I ask the agent to use VPN to connect to the enterprise network to open finesse. Also, I set a jabber for the agent. The problem is that we can not set the uccx application user to control jabber, otherwise the login will have problem because the uccx application user already control the deskphone. 

However, the jabber will ring as the shared line when the agent gets a incoming call. Also, the agent need to answer the call and dial out from the jabber instead of the webportal. If they use the webportal, cisco will use the deskphone to dial out or answer the call.