cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility & 7962 IP Sets

Mike Shoop
Level 1
Level 1

How do you enable the service "Extension Mobility" for 7962 Telephones?

On some of our phones it works, but on others when you press the 'Services' button you get a message that says "No Services Configured".

On my set Extension Mobility is working, and available, when you press the Services button -  but, in the set programming, in the "Extension Information" box, "Enable Extension Mobility" is NOT checked.

I have created approximately 80 End User Profiles, each with it's own 'Device Profile' containing its own DID DN, to be used by the staff members who will be logging into the Extension Mobility enabled sets.

Our objective:  We want our staff members to be able to sit down at any telephone, press the Services button, choose Extension Mobility, and log in using their End User Credentials. Then, they would log out when done, and the set would revert to it's basic 'vanilla' programming - (non DID DN, no voice mail, etc.), and be available to the next person who would log in using their own credentials.

Extension Mobility is enabled as a Service in IP Phone Services Configuration.

In the Device/Phone programming, I have tried to turn it on in the Extension Information box by checking the "Enable Extension Mobility" box;

and for the 'Log Out Profile' I have left it set at "--Use Current Device Settings --".  On some sets Extension Mobility is available by pressing the 'Services' button, but not on others!!

So - my question is what do I need to do to make Extension Mobility available as a 'Service' on all the sets?

I will be very grateful for your advice,

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you subscribed the Extension Mobility service to these phones? The error normally appears when you have no service configured. Try and subscribe one of the phones to the extension mobility service and see if that makes a difference if not already done.

Go to phone > (from top right corner dropdown) > subscribe/unsubscribe services> select extension mobility service

-Terry

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you subscribed the Extension Mobility service to these phones? The error normally appears when you have no service configured. Try and subscribe one of the phones to the extension mobility service and see if that makes a difference if not already done.

Go to phone > (from top right corner dropdown) > subscribe/unsubscribe services> select extension mobility service

-Terry

Thank you Terry. That was exactly what I needed - I had completely forgotten that step.  Very grateful.

Mike I am glad that helped! See you around.

-Terry

Terry - one more issue here. Following your direction I have subscribed approx 80 or so sets to EM and we have about that many users with device profiles, etc. One use is able to log in - no problem, but when she presses Services to log out it indicates       " No Services Configured". It is subscribed. And in the Device options the "Extension Information Box" has the  "Enable Extension Mobility" check box checked.

Why does the Log Out Option not show when the Services button is pressed.??

When I look up the set (Device/Phone) it shows her as logged in with a time stamp of the login event.

Again, very grateful for your help.

Mike this is happening because the device profiles are not subscribed to extension mobility service. Same like phones go to the device profile and from top right dropdown subscribe the device profile to extension mobility service and test. You should be able to logout.

-Terry