Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility migration

Peter Valdes
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Currently working on phone migration from old PBX to Cisco IP Phones and I was wondering if there's an easy/quicker way of auto provisioning Cisco IP Phone with extension mobility? A more streamline approach rather than typing user id/pin for each auto registered phones to manually set the users extension mobility profile on the IP Phone...

Can these profile be easily added to CUCM v9.1 for example similar to BAT along with the use TAPS to download the extension mobility profile onto the phone without having to manually login to EM?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no option to force the user device profile on the IP phones for EM from CUCM, user login has to be done manually. However, i have seen posts on the forum where such a scenario has been tackled by using third party apps or using Cisco Developer support.

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There is no option to force the user device profile on the IP phones for EM from CUCM, user login has to be done manually. However, i have seen posts on the forum where such a scenario has been tackled by using third party apps or using Cisco Developer support.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish. I thought so. I just wanted to check if someone out there has done something similar and has automated the import. I did see in google 3rd party apps that does this work.

Thanks again.