Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension mobility Roaming Across cluster - 12.0(1)SU1

Anil Sharma
Level 3
Level 3

hi Team,

I am trying to test a new feature of CUCM12 (extension mobility roaming across cluster)

I've ILS setup between clusters and I am able to advertise patterns over ILS (GDPR).

I have configured 1 end user each in both test clusters and both end users in each cluster have Standard EM Roaming Across Clusters Super Users group assigned to them.

I notice when I am logging into my home cluster (normal EM feature) my UDP directory number is getting advertised automatically to remote cluster and can be seen under GDPR > Learned numbers of another cluster & as I logout from home cluster number gets removed too.  (This is happening only if I have Standard EM Roaming Across Clusters Super Users assigned the users)

I don't see end users information getting replicated neither I am able to login into remote cluster using my home cluster credentials ?

Has anyone had luck with this yet ? I am missing any configuration or this feature is not working properly in 12.0.  Thanks for your help !!

Regards,

Anil

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anil, 

The 'Extension Mobility Roaming Across Cluster' feature is one that Cisco is working on releasing, but it's not ready for release in the 12.0(1)SU1.  Cisco will be removing the references from our documentation until we have completed the feature.  There are many things you need to understand on how this feature works that my (or may not) work as you expect it to work.  Part of releasing this feature will include a comparison between EM, EMCC and Roaming Across Cluster so you can choose the EM solution that best meets your needs from a call flow and administration standpoint.

But to answer your question,  your setup is missing a key component to make the feature work.  There is an external synchronization application (Super User Synchronization Tool) that will take any super user and copy the user to all other systems.  It is also responsible for deletions of these super users.  At this time, the Super User Synch Tool is not available.  If you want to complete your testing, you will need to create the same users on both clusters and do the login.  The SUST will copy super users between clusters to allow for 'local' login and update routing tables for proper call routing.

Thanks, 

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Ok, Thank you for the information.