Helpful
Replies

External Call to Internal Extension goes straight to Voicemail

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CUCM & Unity Connection: v10.5(2)

The issue appears to only be with one person at the moment. If I call the user's extension from my extension it works just fine. But, if I call our System Call Handler from an outside line, like my cell, and then dial their extension when the greeting starts, I get sent straight to their voicemail.

Comparing a working extension/phone to this user's phone, everything appears to be the same for Partitions and CSS. If I call from the outside line and enter my extension, my phone rings. Also, the user doesn't currently have CFwdAll configured, so I know that's not it.

Running a CDR report filtering on my cell phone number, I can see I hit the CTI Route Point for the System Call Handler. Then, when I'm transferred to this user's extension, it appears to get translated to "8". I see no Translation Patterns in CUCM that would do this, and the Dialed Number Analyzer confirms this. CDR shows the "FinalCalledPartyNumber" as "8"... Very Strange.

Any ideas where I could look to see if there's something in place that is translating his Extension to "8" from his 2162 DN?

CDR_Report.png

Thanks in Advance,

Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you have under the transfer settings for that user?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you have under the transfer settings for that user?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Jaime. That was it. Under his transfer rules there was some 888xxxxxxx number there to be transferred to. No clue how that got there, or if the user would even have the ability to set this himself accidently. But, I changed the 888 number to his extension, and it appears to be working now.

Thanks Again,
Matt