Views
Helpful
Replies

External phone number mask at SRST

Mishkin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to figure out how can I configure a similar feature of External Phone number mask at SRST mode.

I'm trying that because we have phones that are registered to CUCM with eight digit extensions: 6XXXXXXX. We configure each of them with an external phone number mask on directory number configuration, in order to modify the DN that appears on the right upper corner of the display's phone (instead of showing the whole extension, it shows only the last four digits). We did it because is an explicit requirement of the installation with the aim of not confusing the user because they used to have 4 digit extensions.... 

But when we got on SRST (E-SRST), extensions are created with the eight digits which obviously are shown on the display.

• So, is there a way to perform a similar function on E-SRST mode?
  • If not, and I use CME-SRST I have the idea of preconfigure ephone-dn's, can I specify different directory numbers of those who have phones when they are registered to CUCM? In order to configure all of them with four digit extensions instead of eight. If can't do that, is there a way to perform a masking on this mode (cme) similar of the described in normal operation of CUCM?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is tricky. Try to use 'description' command under ephone and the respective value should be displayed on top right side of the phone.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nery,

Usually the below command is used to convert the 4 digit extension to the complete number (8 digits in this case) as per dial-plan in SRST mode.

call-manager-fallback

dialplan-pattern 1 6....... extension-length 4

This will create a virtual dial-peer when dialed with 8 digits and route it to the 4 digit extension. You could check whether this helps.

HTH

Rajan

Please rate useful posts

Thanks for your answer Rajan,

I'll consider your suggestion. Our main issue is with "appearance". Because our extensions consist of 8 digits. So when we are on SRST mode we use num-exp in order to dial four digits and expand them to 8.

num-exp 4... 6.......

We use that command too in the normal operation for DID calls.

But our client wants that on the upper right corner of the phones can show 4 digits instead of 8 (the black banner where time/date and extension are shown).

We did it with the External Phone Number Mask function in the normal operation, but we are not sure of how can we achieve it with SRST.

Thanks in advance.

This is tricky. Try to use 'description' command under ephone and the respective value should be displayed on top right side of the phone.

- Vivek

Thanks Vivek! Definitely it's tricky.

I tested your advice with a normal CME and it works. 

The only issue for me is that actually I'm using E-SRST... Maybe if I want it to work I must use CME-SRST.

Thanks again.

Would it be work on CME also.. i.e. External Phone number mask value as description value under voice register pool section?? or under Ephone for SCCP Phone??