Views
Helpful
Replies

External phone number mask problem

Sandi22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ! 

I am using external phone number mask to make outside calls , but now i m facing a problem regarding to cisco 8865 model . I am using 7 digit number for internal calls and 10 digits for outside calls , after i insert 7 digits my call is automatically launched when using another line than line 1 .Line mode is configured to "enhanced line mode" CUCM 11.5.1.

Thank you !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It takes 15s per default after the last digit was dialed (can be set in the CM service parameter "T302 Timer"). I always set it to 5s, because this is normally long enough for users to enter a digit.

I'm not aware of any setting, to change your on-hook / off-hook behaviour.

But what most people do is, add a duplicate pattern with # at the end and set "urgent priority".
In that way, CUCM knows that no more digits are being dialed and routes the call instantly.

E.g.
Pattern with 7-digits XXXXXXX --> Without "urgent priority", because there could come more digits, if the user wanted to dial 10-digits
Pattern with 7-digits plus #: XXXXXXX# --> With "urgent priority".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Your problem has nothing to do with External phone number mask.
You have a problem in your dial-plan. Probably misconfiguration of your pattern(s). Check the pattern for 7-digit dialing, if it has "urgent priority" activated. If yes, this pattern will be used as soon as you enter 7 digits, even if you want to enter more than 7.

I dont have urgent priority set neither on line or pattern , line 1 works as following , i insert 7 digit ,call won't be launched until i select call on the phone menu , i can insert 10 digit , call wont be launched until i press call . After i select  line 2 it works as following , after i insert de 7 digits the call is launched automatically . 

Again: Then you have a problem in your dial-plan.

As soon as you press the line 2 button, your are going off-hook by default.
Which means you are dialing "digit-by-digit".

That's the difference to your 1st scenario, where you enter the number and then pickup the handset / press the "call" button --> The number is dialed using "en-block" dialing. This can make a difference, which patterns are matched (depending on your dial-plan).
And now you have somewhere a pattern in your dial-plan, then matches instantly when you have pressed the 7th number.

So, there must be a pattern in your dial-plan, which the 2. line + phone CSS / partition config sees, which probably has "urgent priority" set.

Basic troubleshooting:
Check the CSS, partitions, patterns that are used by the phone / line.
Check the RTMT logs
"Trace" the call with the DNA tools.

Thank you for your response , i found the problem , in translation pattern i had a shortcut 0xxx and it was on "urgent priority" , now i m facing the following problem , the call lasts around 10-15 seconds until it s launched on this translation pattern . Is it possible to select line 2 keeping the on-hook option on the phone ?

It takes 15s per default after the last digit was dialed (can be set in the CM service parameter "T302 Timer"). I always set it to 5s, because this is normally long enough for users to enter a digit.

I'm not aware of any setting, to change your on-hook / off-hook behaviour.

But what most people do is, add a duplicate pattern with # at the end and set "urgent priority".
In that way, CUCM knows that no more digits are being dialed and routes the call instantly.

E.g.
Pattern with 7-digits XXXXXXX --> Without "urgent priority", because there could come more digits, if the user wanted to dial 10-digits
Pattern with 7-digits plus #: XXXXXXX# --> With "urgent priority".