Views
Helpful
Replies

Extract all DN in CUCM

Frankaviglia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need a way to extract all Directory Numbers created in the call manager and there doesnt seem to be a quick way to do this from within CUCM administration.

"BAT Export"  only gives me the option of getting Unassigned DNs and using  ROUTE  PLAN REPORT doesnt give the change to export them into a CSV file.

So far it seems the best way to find out is via AXL Query.

I need to exctract this information periodically and feed it into an automated reporting script, so I wouldnt want it to be via  graphical tool such as reporting or Real Time Reporting Tool

Anybody knows a better way to extract this and other DN related information (Partition, CSS, Description)?

Thank you,

Mike

6 Replies 6

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You could write a script to SSH onto the server and do a "run sql select...", and parse the results from there...

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Thank you Gordon,

that doesnt look very clean, I'd rather use AXL so I wouldnt have to parse the output of ssh (although I could use expect for that).

So this points out that there really isnt a straight way to get all DNs on CUCM?

Mike

There are multiple ways to get a list of DNs out of CUCM (ccmadmin, ssh, AXL); It's just that none of them work exactly how you want them to work.

CUCM is a big beast (the documentation for the database schema alone is over 1,000 pages long..) so trivially simple interfaces are less likely to exist.

Sorry,

GTG

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I could not understand the issue in exporting the RoutePlan report and exporting into a CSV file.

This is easily achieveable.

Go to Call Routing -> Route Plan Report

On the top right Corner, you would get an option of "Related Links" and "View in File" and click on Go.

This will alow you to save the file in xls format.

Or, you can run the following command from the CLI. This will dump the details on the CLI, however, if you logg the session and open the file in Excel, it will provide the details in a spreadsheet format.

run sql select * from numplan

HTH,

Jagpreet Singh Barmi

Hi Jagpreet,

thats definetely something. Thank you

However, I found this website that shows I can run an SQL query from AXL:

http://www.ipcommute.co.uk/technical-articles/6--using-axlsqltoolkit-for-everything.html

Mike

Thanks Jagpreet ...that is an awesome reply ... so helpful!