Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory default and install new firmware in the IP Phone 6941

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Support,

I want to factory default and install new firmware in the IP Phone 6941 without call manager.

Please tell me the procedure?

and the software version also.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

will.alvord
Level 5
Level 5

Here's a good thread which I've bookmarked which has helped me with 69xx factory resets:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2135756

I haven't tried using the 6900 series as sip endpoints on 3rd party platforms, but I imagine the process is the same as other models. You typically put the firmware and config files on a tftp server accessible by the phone and point the phone to it via dhcp or manual config. What have you tried so far?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

I configure Tftpd32 server with DHCP, firmware and IP Phone attached with the switch POE port .But logs show phone keep trying but unable to get the firmware.

1. Config file is compulsory to add in Tftpd32 server.

2. Faulty phones are not downloading firmware from call manager ever version is 8.5 but when I tried one of the faulty phone on my other client cucm that is version 7 also .faulty phone start downloading firmware?

3. I have cucm v 7.1 in my laptop but there is no field for 6941 ip phone in the default device. How can we add 6941 in v 7.1?

Hi Waqas,

1> Yes, the config file would be required for the phone.

2> Sounds like a config / network issue.

3> I found the internal enhancement defect for adding support for 69XX IP Phones:

CSCtx64261    9.3(1) SCCP/SIP loads and support files for 69xx IP Phones

It is added in version 7.1(5.35103.1). This would allow you to add 6941 phone models in version 7.1.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.