cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

failing to match an H323 call to VoFR dial-peer on VG to route remote side

saurabh_om
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3rd party PBX on main site and remote site connected via Fram relay link.  Now remote PBX has integrated with H323 trunk to cisco voice gatewy at both end. there is a VoFR dial peer on voice gateway to send calls to main site gateway and finally to main site PBX.

Issue is that when user remote site PBX dial to main site, i can see H323 call coming in remote gateway and dialed number. I have VOFR dial -peer to send call to main site voice gateway but call get terminated.

Debug dia-peer shows no dail peer match, i tried voip dial peer as welll but call do not get to next hop.  If i do csim start with destination number call match VOFR dial-peer and went thru.

Not sure exectly what is missing.

VOFR dial -peer.JPG

details of debug call

Calling Number=2424, Called Number=2122450,

see attached files

Thanks Saurabh
9 Replies 9

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The dial-peer  123456 which matches the pattern 212..is shutdown!...Is there any reason why?

dial-peer voice 123456 vofr

shutdown

destination-pattern 212....

session target Serial0/2/0 93

!

!

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

For teating this dial peer was set to shut down to match another voip dial peer. 

Event when this dial peer is active calls do not match it

Thanks Saurabh

Ok. But in your configuration, there is no active dial-peer for outbound calls. Did you not send the full config

Please rate all useful posts

I have uploaded correct show run without dial-peer in shutdown state.

Thanks Saurabh

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can not a have ca all go from a VoFR dial-peer to a VpIP dial-peer, or vice-versa. That is not supported and there is no way to have it working.

You have two choices:

1. migrate VoFR to VoIP. That is the recomended solution.

2. go trough a PST interface. If configured correctly, it can be back-toback  interfaces in the same router, configured with a crossed cable.

Hi,

I have tired VOIP dial peer as well but call do not hit that dial peer. VOFR dial peer is just to make sure voice packets are send within a perticular frame format.

I did not get second option clearly, please explain a bit.

Yes i have one more site with ssame VoFR dila peer to HQ but call is initated from a FXS port on router itself and it works fine.

Thanks

Thanks Saurabh

Agaib: you cannot go from VoFR to VoIP in a single step. It's not supported.

The second option is that you have two pots interfaces conneted with a copper cable.

One to connects VoFR to POTS DP. And the other, POTS DP to VoIP DP.

Please remember to rate useful posts clicking on the stars below.

Thanks,

Let me try some arrangement to check this,

Thanks Saurabh

Sure.

And the reason why you low rated information 100% correct and complete, given with the will to help ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: