cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast busy signal with incoming calls and unable to connect to VM

shaidom
Level 1
Level 1

We are using CISCO 2821. The system started to have problem connecting to voice mailbox (when dialing internally to the VM extension) and it used to take a reboot to bring it back. Now it will not connect to voice mail (gets fast busy signal), plus incoming calls get a fast busy signal after the first ring tone. To make it worse, the Call Manager Express web page does not load. Does anyone have any idea how to solve the problem? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Hi Yuanshan

We can speculate alot of different reasons why this would happen.

However firstly you should provide more information so we can narrow down your issue.

IOS version your on:

- Check your CPU is it running at a high  load

- Voice mail software - CUE/Unity Connection version

- Incoming calls are ringing once and then getting a fast busy

Do your internal phones acutally ring, or this is what the caller is hearing.

Please provide a debug isdn q931 assuming its a pri line.

- debug voice ccapi inout

Work in the incoming call issue first and then we can move onto whats wrong with calls failing when directed to voice mail

Hi Hoai,

I have some of the information:

- The CPU is running normally.
- VM Software - Cisco Unity Express Version 2.3
- Incoming calls to the main DID number is getting fast busy signal that the caller is hearing. When it worked normally, incoming calls to the main number would be connected to the Auto Attendant, where caller would hear voice greetings and could dial an extension number. There is no internal phones assigned the main number. Incoming calls to other DID numbers (direct numbers) are coming through.

- I have not done any debug before. I would appreciate it if you could provide some guidance on debug isdn q931 and voice ccapi inout.

Thank you very much.

Yuanshan