Views
Helpful
Replies

Force MTP between sites

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a customer who wants to deploy a site with Cisco IP Tel. However, for the media, we would like to send it over a secondary link. The only way I could think of doing that, would be by using an MTP in the datacenter, and force all phones of that site to use that MTP. That way I can route the IP of that MTP over the secondary link.

However, I don't see an immediate way of forcing phones to use an MTP directly. As far as I can find, I can only force an MTP on a trunk.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Tom,

If you are using SIP phone under "Protocol Specific Information" you would have an option for MTP

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tom,

You can use trusted relay points for scenarios like this. You can enable trusted relay point on the phone common device configuration

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_0_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_C733E983_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide/CUCM_BK_C733E983_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-transformed_chapter_01100001.html#CUCM_TK_C372C1F8_00

Please rate all useful posts

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not implement policy based routing on your network and re-direct the voice traffic via the desired path? Issue with TRP is all calls will be bridged onto the router where it's configured and it becomes single point of failure unless you deploy multiple of them, it can also speak one codec unless you throw transcoders at it too.