Views
Helpful
Replies

Forced Authorization

stevericks
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Firstly let me say that I am a complete novice on the CUCM. I am asked to look at it about once a year when we either have a problem or a feature needs adding.

I need to set up forced authorization for 084, 118 and 09 numbers.

I have set this up before for 0871 numbers and it works perfectly. But for some reason it will not work on the 084 and 118. I haven't got to 09 yet.

We have CUCM 8.6.2.22900-9.

I set up the Authorization code, I only have one. It has a name, International Calls, a code, xxxxxx and a level of 3.

I set up a route pattern of 084[3-5]XXXXXXX

A route partition Premium-Access-Part (This could be my problem, have tried special,national and local as well)

Tick the box to require Authorization and set it to 3.

I thought it was as simple as that, but then I try a test call to national lottery number and get straight through.

Its driving me mad,

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Steve.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're not getting prompted for the FAC it means that you're hitting another route pattern.

You'd have to look into your dial plan to find out what you're hitting, and adjust it as required.

You can use DNA to find out what you're hitting.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks again Mr Valencia...

Ran the DNA (Had to google it) and found that it matched with pattern 9.@

Partition = Local-Rate-Access-Part

Not sure how I over ride that?

Steve.

Hi Steve,

You can do either of the following:

- Create an exact match for the numbers you will be dialing with FAC in the same partition as 9.@ pattern in order for that pattern to match for the call

or

- Assign a specific partition to the route patterns with FAC applied and the phone CSS will have this specific partition and not the partition applied for 9.@ pattern

HTH

Rajan

Pls rate all useful posts

Thanks Rajan,

I thought I had created the pattern in the same partition. Is it because I used wildcards and the 9.@ wildcard trumps it?

Im not sure how to do the second part of the answer. I can create a new partition and create a pattern with that partition, but Im not sure how the phone CSS bit works.

Steve.