Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward all to VM not working after new device pack installed

robert hudson
Level 1
Level 1

Morning All,

Last night I installed the latest device pack for CUCM 10.5.2. Everything is working with the exception of this scenario. Sales reps are using 8851 phones. When they get up from their desk they hit the forward all softkey followed by the VM key. If you call the DID number directly their VM box picks up. However when customers call the site's toll free number the AA presents them the option to enter the reps 4 digit extension. This works great if the DN is not fowarded to VM but if the phone is fowarded to VM then you get a repeating loop 'wait while I transfer your call' followed by a few seconds of the default MOH recording. I did not make any changes in CUC, we are using SCCP ports to connect back to CUCM. I wanted to check with the community before opening a TAC case since only one business unit forwards their phone to VM when they get up.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Was this working before the device pack? Can you try a test call and collect the output of port status monitor output.

Also, can you check the below parameter on unity connection:

Advanced >>> Conversations >>>> Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call >>> Check this box and check if it works.

Aseem

Hi Aseem,

Yes this was working yesterday before I installed the new device pack. We are using that parameter in the environment. I am not sure how to capture the output of the port status monitor but I did note that after the message played it jumped to a different port. After doing this around 4-5 times I was able to leave a VM.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/Help/Connection%20Remote%20Port%20Status%20Monitor.html

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak, thanks for the link to the tool. I have the logs attached to the thread now.

I opened a TAC case and after analyzing traces they advised that we are hitting the bug in the link below.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu40352/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: