Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward unanswered calls to line group members voicemail box

npires
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a hunt pilot 4305

I have a line group of 4 members in that hunt pilot (4087, 4088, 4091)

Set to ring to the member with the longest Idle time, the stop hunting, preferably, I would like the call to continue hunting until it tries all members, but I haven't had much luck with this configuration. So, I am here.

line group config

npires_0-1716476500605.png

hunt pilot config

npires_1-1716476546735.png

Under the "Hunt Call Treatment Settings" for either "no Answer" or "Busy" I do not want the first option, and I have tried the 3rd option and it works, but I do not want to forward calls to 1 specific location, I want the system to detect where the call is being routed to, then look in Unity for that same extension's voicemail to route in that direction if the call is not answered.

that being said I believe I want to go with the 2nd option, but the call rings to line members then goes to a busy tone dial

I have called Cisco TAC, I have scoured through the community web pages and found nothing.

Is it possible to do this? or is there a way to kind of "make it work", perhaps make multiple hunt pilots with a line group containing just one member? I don't know. I'm surprised that in 2024 this option is not so readily available.

any help will be appreciated

3 Replies 3

The option for "Use Forward Settings of Device that Forwarded to Hunt Pilot" is for when a user forwards their DN to a Hunt Pilot, but if the hunt is exhausted the system should send the call to the "Call Forward No Coverage" setting on the DN of the original device. It will not cover what you are looking for.

You certainly don't want the first default option of "Do Not Forward Busy Calls" because that will cause CUCM to hang up on callers once hunting is exhausted.

What you are looking to do - which is to have CUCM send the number of the last hunted line group member as the "original dialed number" when sending the call to CUC - is not possible.

So what is the goal of your call flow? Is the idea to distribute the voicemails for the hunt pilot number among the line group members? Or is it a matter of not wanting the Line Group members to have to check multiple voicemail boxes? If you can describe what you are hoping to accomplish or avoid, perhaps we can help.

Maren

Thank you Maren for your support.

The idea is for a caller to be routed to the hunt group, the hunt group tries each line member based on least idle time, and the last member that receives the call will go to their voicemail in CUC.

The department does not want a shared voicemail box in CUC, the department wants a member of the line group to be responsible for whichever voicemail comes in. The reason is because if I did create a distribution list within CUC, the voicemail would simply be distributed amongst all members of the distribution list, and they would have to confirm amongst each other that "voicemail XYZ" was taken care of.

perhaps the share voicemail box would work... where they could

1. dial into the voicemail ID

2. provide the voicemail PIN

and access and delete the voicemails as they deal with each issue, I believe there might even be a way to have CUC send the voicemail from one mailbox to another individual users mailbox.

But then I am adding an additional step for the line members to incorporate in their day to day where they will have to ensure everyday that they check the voicemail box on a timely basis, I'm not sure if they would like that.

In an effort to have my users use the tools we have at our disposal I like to keeps things as easy as possible for them, if something is too difficult they will not use it

Scenario 1: The Hunt Pilot does not have to be reachable from the Unity Connection Main Menu (as in, you wouldn't have 'to be transferred to the XXXX please press 4" where that keypress would transfer to the Hunt Pilot).

• Create a voicemail box with the DN of the Hunt Pilot, so the VMs go there.
  • Create the same hunt pilot DN in a non-dialable partition (like "MWI_Only_PT), and have that partition in the CSSes of CUC trunk. This will allow CUC to send out the MWI on/off messages to this number.
  • Add that DN as a line appearance on each of the phones (like Line 2 or something) with a line text label of "Helpdesk Voicemail" or some such thing.
  • This means that there is a single VM Box, that the line group members will all be notified, and that they can press that line appearance and then press Messages to access the VM Box.

Scenario 2: The Hunt Pilot is dialable from CUC as a keypress or DTMF entry

• Same as above, but the number on the line group members' phones will be a dummy number.
  • Change the MWI number on the VM box to the dummy number
  • Add the dummy number as a Alternate Number on the VM Box so that it is recognized when the line group members press the "Helpdesk Voicemail" button and then the messages button.

Sadly the thing you are hoping for - to send the VMs to the Line Group member - is not possible. 

Let me know if you have questions about these solutions.

Maren