Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded calls to System Call Handler playing opening greeting - Unity CXN

bejoy.cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to configure user busy/ no answer prompt with Cisco unity cxn call handlers.

The idea is to send all calls to an extension, which are not answered, to a unity call handler (Eg 4020). The call handler will play an announcement :

"The user you are calling is busy please call later".

I have configured a CTI RP with extension 4020, and forward all calls from 4020 to Voice mail. In unity I created a Call handler with extension 4020 which will answer calls and plays the announcement and disconnects the call.

When a direct call is made to 4020 from any phone it works fine and it plays the correct announcement. But when I assign 4020 to any extension (eg: Extension: 1073) 'Forward no answer' field, it does not work as expected.

I am expecting if some one calls ext: 1073 the and if unanswered it must be forward to the call handler, but instead it is playing the unity Opening Greeting which is: ' Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System. From a touchtone phone you may dial an extension at any time....'.

Am I doing this right or is there any thing I am missing in my configuration?

Regards

Bejoy Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bejoy,

It is working as designed, unless you check the following parameter in unity connection in the "conversation" tab.

"Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"

This is a global setting and will effect all the calls. Make sure that you consider your network design before enabling it.

~Amit

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

singhjas1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bejoy,

Please confirm on below points.

1. Have you selected the checkbox on frwd no answer and put 4020 as well.

2. If you have not selected the checkbox and put 4020 directly to the frwd no answer the checkk teh CSS in front of fwd no answer.

Configuration required is

Dnt check that checkbox put directly 4020 and assign the CSS.

It should work.

Please confirm

Reagrds,

Jaspreet

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bejoy,

It is working as designed, unless you check the following parameter in unity connection in the "conversation" tab.

"Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"

This is a global setting and will effect all the calls. Make sure that you consider your network design before enabling it.

~Amit

Thank you Amit, that works.

:)