cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls from the ip phone to my cell phone

marcsalom77
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, this is the first time I use this tool trying to resolve an issue I have on my CUCM version 10.5.

I need to know if it's posible to modify the calling number that is presented on my cell phone when A phone calls to B phone, being this B phone forwarded to a cell phone.

Is it possible on an E1 gateway to show the A number instead of the B number?

I appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Marc Salom

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This is expected. If the A number is not part of the DDI, your telco will replace it with the Main DDI number. You need to ensure the A number is part of your DDI range for it to be displayed correctly

Please rate all useful posts

View solution in original post

Ok, as per your last statement, this simply means that A has no registered DDI number with Telco hence xxxx14203 is not being entertained by Telco and result in getting pilot/main number  on your cell. You need to get that number registered with Telco.

- Vivek

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand your point correctly, default behavior should be what you are expecting.

So if A is calling B and B has forwarded the call to C (mobile), calling number will be A's number whereas B will be presented as redirect/diversion number.

- Vivek

Thanks for your answer Vivek and Ayodeji:

I have tried to configure on the Calling Party Selection - Originator but I don't get the A number. I have to say that I have configured this not forwarding to a mobile phone. Instead, I have forwarded to a PSTN number, and I don't get the A number neither. I get the header number of this E1.

Kind regards.

Marc Salom

Can you please confirm with exact flow?

A's and B's number?

Type of integration with gateway SIP/H.323 or MGCP?

Depends on type of integration, I will ask you for couple of debugs from gateway.

- Vivek

Hello Vivek:

A number: 14203

B number: 40902

Gateway integration: MGCP

I have forwarded the B number to my office number, but when I receive the call on my phone office, I don't get the A number.

Regards,

Marc Salom

Deji has said all before.

B's call forward CSS will route this call to your mobile number.

Can you share which all digit manipulation you have applied and where viz route group (/route list) or at gateway page?

Also share which number you are seeing and what you are expecting to see.

- Vivek

Hello Vivek, I have attached the debug on my previous answer.

Don't hesitate to ask me more question if you consider it.

Regards,

Marc Salom

Ok, as per your last statement, this simply means that A has no registered DDI number with Telco hence xxxx14203 is not being entertained by Telco and result in getting pilot/main number  on your cell. You need to get that number registered with Telco.

- Vivek

Hello Vivek, Ayodeji:

Thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,

Marc Salom

So when you you changed to originator you get the main DDI number? is that what you mean by "header number of this E1?" If that is the case, then it means that your A number is not part of your DDI or you are not sending the full DDI number to your Telco.

If you are using a E1 or T1 isdn line, you can send us a "debug isdn q931" and we can see what number you are sending out

Hello Ayodeji, when I say "header number" I mean "main DDI number " of the E1.

So, the A number (14203) is not part of the main DDI number. And when I make on the gateway the debug isdn q931 I get as calling number the A number , but when I see on my office telephone display, I don't receive the A number. I received the main DDI number from the E1.

I attach the debug isdn q931.

Regards,

Marc Salom

This is expected. If the A number is not part of the DDI, your telco will replace it with the Main DDI number. You need to ensure the A number is part of your DDI range for it to be displayed correctly

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can modify this behaviour on your gateway. You can use " originator" under your gateway settings "calling party selection" and it will display A's number on the cell phone